Wednesday 31 December 2014

Children. BLEUGH!


As a teacher, I spend all day everyday with children. And I love chidren, they are the reason I went into teaching. “I wanted to make a difference.” They never fail to amaze me with their unique, fantastic personalities and that no day is the same. I find myself referring to them as ‘my children’ and when the dreaded end of term arrives, I do shed a little tear that I won’t see their happy little faces every morning.

But to go home to one, no thank you! I’m only 27, why would I want to give up my freedom, my lifestyle and my drinking!! (I’m not an alcoholic but I do love a cocktail with the girlies) 

It was the usual protocol. Start dating – “When are you going to move in together?” Move in together – “When are you getting engaged?” Get engaged – “When are you getting married?” Get married –“When are you having children?” Errrrrrrrmmmmm nope!

Then click. People told me about this click and although secretly I wanted it to happen, I never believed it would. BABIES. It was all I could think about! All of a sudden my brain was awash with beautiful, chubby, little babies. Pregnant woman, they were everywhere. And there I was, smiling at them like a lunatic!

I wonder if it is my biological clock ticking? Or my husband’s subtle hints? Or clever facebook marketing hints? Or the constant questioning? Or the fact that I’d like a reason for my podgy belly? Or is it just fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment