Friday 20 March 2015

Sickness! Oh, the sickness!


      Wow! The 3rd January feels like a lifetime ago since I last blogged. It is fair to stay a lost has changed but first back to the beginning . . .
 
      So once the screaming died down the sickness began. And once it began it didn’t stop! I saw myself as quite lucky that I didn’t actually feel that sick; it would just suddenly hit me and before I knew it I was racing to the toilet, clutching my mouth shut!!

For the first time I felt actual genuine love from my cat, who would sit by me as I was clutching the porcelain bowl at 3am. I am still not sure if it was care and concern or just curiosity as to what the hell I was doing at crazy O’Clock!

Whilst puking constantly is not that much fun, it was weirdly nice to have actual proof that I was pregnant. I was very pleased when the midwife told me that it’s the sign of a really healthy baby. She was probably just pacifying me but it worked anyway. Especially as I was getting fed up of the smug people who seemed to enjoy telling me (between retches) that they weren’t sick once when they were pregnant. Grrrrrrrr

It is those moments of illness that you really can rely on your other half. My wonderful husband rushed to the shops to make me a ‘Morning Sickness Recovery Pack.’ *Side note* Why do they call it morning sickness? Because from what I experienced it really is any time of the day!

 Anyway back to the recovery pack, for those of you who do suffer, these are things that really helped me

-Lucozade ice cubes

-Ginger oat biscuits

- Mint imperials

- Salt and vinegar crisps (Fortunately, I was not one of these people who can’t eat!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment